Papercraft (also "Paper craft" or "Paper-craft") is the art of constructing models from paper and card stock. Papercrafting involves developing scale models from patterns and parts printed on paper. A papercrafter cuts out the pieces, folds them if necessary, scores them if applicable and glues the pieces together. The parts are usually glued together with white glue. To cut out the papercraft, a papercrafters should have a good hobby knife (like an X-Acto knife and tool set) and a good pair of scissors. Other equipment may help a papercrafter in their endeavors.
Models on the internet are available at a variety of sites. They can be downloaded and printed on a printer. Some models can also be scaled to different sizes in the printing process or through document editing.
- Garner, L. (2006). The complete book of papercraft: Over 50 designs for handmade paper, cards, gift-wrapping, decoupage, and manipulating paper. New York: St. Martin's Griffin.
- Diehn, Gwen (2006). Making Books That Fly, Fold, Wrap, Hide, Pop Up, Twist & Turn: Books for Kids to Make. Sterling Publishing Company, Inc.
- Blackburn, K., & Lammers, J. (2006). The world record paper airplane book. New York: Workman.
- Ono, M. (2006). The simple art of Japanese papercrafts: 35 gift ideas for step-by-step Oriental style. Cincinnati, Ohio: North Light Books.
- Barton, C. (2005). The pocket paper engineer: How to make pop-ups step-by-step. Glen Echo, MD: Popular Kinetics Press.
- Hiebert, H. (2000). The papermaker's companion: The ultimate guide to making and using handmade paper. Pownal, Vt: Storey Books.
- Birmingham, D. (1998). Cut-and-make pop-up cards. Mineola, N.Y.: Dover Publications.
- Maurer-Mathison, D. V., & Philippoff, J. (1997). Paper art: The complete guide to papercraft techniques. Watson-Guptill crafts. New York: Watson-Guptill Publications.
- Gillon, E. V. (1996). Cut & assemble Victorian shingle-style house. New York: Dover Publications.
- Smith, A. G. (1995). Knights in armor: Paper dolls. New York: Dover Publications.
- Gillon, E. V. (1995). Cut & assemble a Victorian gothic house: H-O scale. New York: Dover Publications.
- Gillon, E. V. (1995). Cut & assemble a New England farmhouse: In H-0 scale. New York: Dover Publications.
- Gillon, E. V. (1994). Cut & assemble a Victorian railroad station: H-O scale. New York : London: Dover ; Constable.
- Smith, A. G. (1994). Cut and make a knight's helmet. New York: Dover Publications.
- Grater, M. (1993). Easy papercraft projects. New York: Dover Publications.
- Johnson, Paul (1992). Pop-up paper engineering. Routledge.
- Gillon, E. V. (1991). Cut and Assemble the Old Sturbridge Village Meetinghouse. New York : London: Dover ; Constable.
- Collins, J. M. (1989). The gliding flight: 20 excellent fold and fly paper airplanes. Berkeley, Ca: Ten Speed Press
- Woods, J. (1988). How to make paste papers. Philadelphia: Library Company of Philadelphia.
- Smith, A. G. (1988). Cut & assemble the "Mayflower": A full-color paper model of the reconstruction at Plimoth Plantation. New York: Dover Publications.
- Kawami, D. (1987). Cut & assemble paper dragons that fly: 8 full-color models. New York: Dover.
- Smith, A. G. (1987). Easy-to-make playtime castle. New York: Dover Publication.
- Grater, M., & Goode, G. (1987). Papercraft projects with one piece of paper. New York: Dover.
- Laux, K. R. (1987). The world's greatest paper airplane and toy book. Blue Ridge Summit, PA: Tab Books.
- Smith, A. G. (1987). Cut & assemble an old-fashioned train in full color. London: Constable.
- Smith, A. G. (1987). Cut & assemble New York harbor: A full-color diorama. London: Constable.
- Gillon, E. V. (1986). Cut & assemble a Victorian seaside resort: In full color : nine easy-to-make buildings in H-O scale. New York: Dover Publications.
- Civil War paper soldiers in full color: 100 authentic Union and Confederate soldiers. (1985). Mineola, NY: Dover Publications.
- Grater, M. (1984). Complete book of paper mask making. New York: Dover Publications.
- Grater, M. (1983). Make it in paper: Creative three-dimensional paper projects. New York: Dover Publications.
- Hunter, D. (1978). Papermaking: The history and technique of an ancient craft. New York: Dover Publ.
- Buxton, G. F., & Curran, F. L. (1916). Paper and cardboard construction: An analysis of the scope of paper and cardboard construction for primary grades of public schools ... Book problems, box problems, card problems, envelope problems. Peoria, Ill: The Manual Arts Press.
- Leonard, R. J. (1908). Manual of cardboard construction. [Berkeley, Cal.]: Printed by order of the Board of Education, Berkeley Reporter, Printers.
- Kunou, C. A. (1902). Manual of cardboard construction for third and fourth grades.
- Richardson, T. A. (1859). The art of architectural modelling in paper. London: John Weale.
- Boileau, D., & Blasche, B. H. (1827). The art of working in pasteboard: Upon scientific principles; to which is added, an appendix, containing directions for constructing architectural models : intended as a sequel to Papyro-plastics, or the art of modelling in paper. London: Boosey.